We are looking for an administrator with excellent communication and organisation skills, who enjoys working at pace and tackles tasks with enthusiasm and passion. This role is essential to supporting the BCO in its ambitious growth plans and delivery of its performance programme. You will be exposed to strategic decisions and be in a privileged position to build strong relationships with trustees, staff and orchestra members. We are looking for an experienced support professional, or someone looking to begin such a career who can demonstrate initiative, strong organisational skills and can adopt a proactive, can-do attitude.
Deadline is 3rd February, 12 noon. Interviews will be held 10th February.
- 3 days per week (0.6 FTE)
- £15 per hour/ £120 daily rate
- 7 month contract February to August 2023
- Option to extend for another year until Aug 2024 with increased pay and hours
- Opportunities to adapt the role and for promotion as the organisation grows
- Managing the BCO inbox, forwarding emails to the relevant member of staff as necessary
- Preparing and managing key pieces of work for the Director
- Managing scheduling for the BCO staff and orchestra events
- Assisting with rehearsals and performances, including setting up/clearing spaces and working front-of-house
- Collating management information accurately and on time
- Minute taking
- Capturing and tracking progress against actions, being pro-active in chasing action owners
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required
- Highly organised, capable of prioritising and tracking multiple demands within a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to brief senior colleagues and partners
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Proactive, hands-on approach to delivery
- Motivated to work well in a team as well as being confident to work independently using own initiative
- Good emotional awareness, with ability to adapt language and behaviour according to pressure situations
- Ability to problem-solve and learn when faced with challenges
- Confident using Microsoft 365 applications, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and Forms
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience playing in or working with an orchestra
- From or live in South London, with an affinity for our core audience
- Previous office manager and/or PA experience
- Previous experience of minute taking
- Willingness to upskill in Microsoft 365 applications
- Appetite to streamline processes and improve efficiency
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you want to work for Brixton Chamber Orchestra.
The deadline is 3rd February, 12 noon. Interviews will be held on the 10th February.